Jamieson Manufacturing Co.
Last Updated: January 1, 2014
What Personal Information is Collected?
"Personal Information" means any information that can be used either by itself or in combination with other information to personally identify you, including, but not limited to, your name, postal or email addresses, place of employment, and telephone, fax, or mobile numbers. We collect Personal Information from you when you submit it to us. For example, if you create an account with us, you will be required to submit certain Personal Information in order for us to give you access to certain portions and features of the Site.
How will we use your Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Contacting you about a question or feedback that you have submitted to us;
- Submitting your application for employment if you applied for a job posted on the Site;
- Contacting you about potential business opportunities if you have expressed an interest in such opportunities;
- Contacting you regarding sales and marketing activities;
- Communicating with you regarding changes or enhancements to our policies, the Site, or issues regarding your account; and
- For our general business purposes, including, but not limited to, data analysis, audits, developing new products, identifying usage trends, and improving the Site.
How will we secure your Personal Information?
We will use reasonable security measures to attempt to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access and use. We restrict access to your Personal Information to our employees and service providers who have a need to know that information. However, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee and do not guarantee that your Personal Information is 100% safe and secure or that loss, misuse, or alteration to data or your Personal Information will not occur.
What Other Information is Collected?
“Other Information” is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity and does not directly relate to an individual, such as information transmitted by your browser or information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other online technologies (as described below). We, and our third-party service providers, may automatically collect such information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version, and internet browser type and version.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the computer or device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, and language preferences. You are free to disallow cookies from being collected by selecting certain options in each of your devices and browsers. However, doing so may block or inhibit your ability to access certain parts of the Site.
- Using your IP address: An “internet protocol” (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to the device that you are using to access the Internet. An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) visited.
How will we use your Other Information?
We use your Other Information for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to: ensuring that the Site functions properly, improving the design and functionality of the Site, understanding how our customers use the Site, assisting with answering our customers’ questions regarding the Site, facilitating navigation within the Site, displaying information more effectively, personalizing your experience, recognizing your computer or device to allow your use of the Site, measuring the effectiveness of our communications and the success of our marketing campaigns, and assisting with our security measures.
We may also create or compile de-identified data for our business purposes, which may include offering services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, and for other purposes consistent with applicable law. “De-identified data” means data that is derived from multiple sources, including accounts and transaction, and cannot be used to identify an individual.
How may we share your Information?
We may share your Personal Information and Other Information with our affiliated companies and other third-party vendors and service providers for any of the purposes described above or to assist us with maintaining or hosting the Site. This may include third-party payment processors who will process your payment of certain amounts to us. Your Other Information may be shared with anybody for any legal purpose. We require any such third-party vendor and service provider with whom we share Personal Information (but not Other Information) to keep your Personal Information confidential and use it solely for the purposes for which it was shared. We will not share any of your Personal Information with any third party for purposes of marketing their or our products or services to you without first receiving your consent. We may also share your Personal Information or Other Information if we reasonably believe that it needs to be shared to respond to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process, if your actions violate applicable law, or if your actions threaten the rights or safety of us or any other person. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, we may also transfer your Personal Information and Other Information to that company.